It was the most googled diet of 2018. And perhaps, for good reason. We all know celebs and researchers have praised the keto diet – a high-fat, low-carb, moderate-protein diet – for its long list of health benefits including helping with weight loss, preventing illness such as dementia and cancer, and even helping reduce seizures for children with epilepsy.
But what about the ordinary person? Can it really help you lose weight? And most importantly, is it sustainable enough to keep that weight off?
To answer all these burning questions of yours, we’ve rounded up seven of the most amazing keto body transformation photos that truly prove just how effective this diet can be.
1. After trying every fad diet possible, including the controversial cabbage soup diet (whereby you eat nothing but cabbage soup for seven days straight!) Brittany decided to give the keto diet a go. She lost 31kg in just under a year, then lost an additional 18kg on the keto diet. Read Brittany’s full story here.
2. Katie was following a vegan diet, which only made her feel “hungry, tired and grouchy” constantly. As soon as she switched to the keto diet, she not only saw an improvement in her mood and energy, but she also saw all her stubborn fat melt off. Read her full story here.
3. Mckynna crushed all her weight loss goals in six short months. At the beginning of her journey, she was 109kg, and is now at a healthy weight of 57kg – bringing her total weight loss to 52kg.
4. Rachel has lost a total of 53kg thanks to the keto diet. She’s now incorporated intermittent fasting.
5. The keto diet didn’t just help Bex lose 34kg – it also helped her through her battle with pulmonary stenosis (a life threatening heart condition she never thought she’d be able to fight).
6. Andrea’s goal was never to be skinny; it was to be fit and strong – and that’s exactly what she managed to achieve in less than half a year. A year into going keto and she lost 45kg.
7. Ash proves eating fat doesn’t actually make you fat.
Want to go keto? This is your checklist for kitchen cleansing. Plus, this is everything you can (and can’t) eat on the keto diet.